See all persons.
De Ploeg (The Plough) began as a commune of vegetarians in 1923 and by the end of the decade began producing fabrics. In the beginning only weaving and later prints were introduced, but these were contracted out to other printers. The same is true today. The mill is rather small and was built in the 1950s following a design by Rietveld.