See all persons.
Porcelain manufactory. Founded in 1889 by Walter Scott Lenox (1859-1920), as Lenox Ceramic Art Company. Organized as a studio, not a factory, producing one-of-a-kind artwares. c1902 the company began to offer custom-designed service plates, and soon after began producing complete dinnerware sets. In 1906 company changed name to Lenox Incorporated. In the late 1920s Lenox joined the war effort, offering Lenoxite, a resilient ceramic material used in radar and electronics equipment. In 1954 Lenox opened a new factory in Pomona, and in 1966 introduced crystal products, and in 1991 introduced a flatware line.
- Manufacturer 3 objects