J. and L. Lobmeyr
See all persons.
Austrian glassware manufacturer. Founded 1823 by Joseph Lobmeyr (1792-1855). Produced glasses, lighting fixtures, mirros, and the first electric chandelier in 1883. Sons Josef and Ludwig succeeded, and later Ludwig's nehphew Joseph Rath took over the firm in 1902. Under Rath, the company began producing modern wares in Art Nouveau and Art Moderne styles, as well as designs by the Wiener Werkstätte.