See all persons.
German pottery established at Karlsruhe 1901. Was the resulting combination of two endeavors: ceramic studio set up by painter Wilhelm Süs in 1898 at Kronberg, which produced majolica in the style of Italian Renaissance, and the Oberursel workshop of painter Hans Thoma. Production at Karlsruhe began in 1901. Artists included Hans Meid, Konrad Taucher, Georg Schreyögg, Emil Rudoff Weiss. In 1909 facotry moved to larger facility in Hartwald, where it included ornamental ware for parks, gardens, and cemeteries in its production. In 1913 court administration of Karlsruhe ceased, and administration of the factory changed hands during the following years. In 1920s its designers included Laueger, Ludwig König, Paul Speck. Factory came under state ownership in 1927, and from thenceforth was known as Majolika-Manufaktur Karlsruhe AG. Suffered damage from bombing in 1944.